Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital
Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric neuroscience center in the Southwest and a best children’s hospital, according to U.S. News and World Report. Barrow Neurological Institute offers the most comprehensive inpatient and outpatient neurological care and services to infants, children and teens with neurological-related problems.
Congratulations to the Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital for being highlighted by U.S. News & World Report’s 2014-15 ranking for their quality of care and reputation among pediatricians nationwide.
“Perfection is the goal; excellence will be tolerated”
Dr. P. David Adelson, Director of Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Chief Pediatric Neurosurgeon at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
This wonderful quote sums up our normal work ethic and was definitely our guide as we developed this microsite for the Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Phoenix Children’s Hospital approached us with the understanding that they would need to design and develop a growing number of microsites for their various specialties and services. To avoid costly development of a new microsite for each and every specialty we developed a solution to provide Phoenix Children’s Hospital with the ability to auto-generate a new microsite at any time they choose.
The microsite generating platform automatically provides the base structure of a new microsite with the ability to modify design with basic options for updating features such as colors, logo, pages and their content. In addition the microsite platform provides the capability to apply a completely new theme based on branding guidelines, so that each microsite can have a completely different look, while using the same basic functionality.
The new Barrow Neurological Institute website is the first of many examples of a microsite created by our custom multisite platform. Our multisite platform is used by Phoenix Children’s Hospital to generate microsites that provide information about services, the ability to find a doctor, search a database of thousands of related health topics and request an appointment online through a HIPAA-compliant web form. In addition to these powerful features the resulting microsite exemplifies a platform that has provided Phoenix Children’s Hospital with unlimited future growth and freedom to produce their own microsites moving forward.
In addition to the ability to manage basic features, such as page content, menus, colors, and logo; we provided a number of powerful custom features. Our microsite platform supports the following features for Phoenix Children’s Hospital:
- Fully responsive micro-site sub-theme with control panel to custom colors, logo and other.
- Patient health library
- Google custom site search
- Custom event management system with Authorize.net e-commerce integration for Free, RSVP and Paid events.
- Find a doctor functionality, integrated with proprietary web service API built by the PCH IT department.
- HIPAA-compliant request an appointment functionality and various other web forms.
- Spanish content with capacity for additional languages. Custom notifications sent to Spanish translator when English equivalent is updated.
- Location content type with Google Maps integration.
- Custom user types support access control levels and a workflow for creating and approving content.
- Mega Menus with links, images, and other custom HTML.
- Fully responsive slideshow with HTML captions for SEO.
- Integration of lightweight vector icons from Font Awesome.
- Powered by Drupal
“SUMMUS has been fantastic to work with. I’m always impressed with their ability to take my goals and ideas, and bring them to life online. It’s hard to find a company that can design and develop, SUMMUS excels in both and has always delivered an end product that we love.”