Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s Hospital is one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, with a Medical Staff of nearly 1,000 pediatric specialists, Phoenix Children’s provides inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care across more than 70 pediatric subspecialties, the most comprehensive pediatric care available in the state. The Hospital’s six Centers of Excellence have grown in size and expertise to place them on par with some of the most prestigious of their kind in the US.
Congratulations to the Phoenix Children’s Hospital for being named as a U.S. News & World Report’s 2014-15 Best Children’s Hospital.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital had previously been using a third-party content-management system which was preventing major design and functionality changes that were necessary in modernizing their website. As a website that already included tens of thousands of pages, with additions being made daily; the Drupal platform was the solution of choice. We worked with Phoenix Children’s Hospital through strategic planning, meetings, wireframes and designs to determine the ideal design and functionality that best served their patients.
The Phoenix Children’s Hospital Drupal platform provides the client with complete freedom over their website. They can update, create and delete their own web pages, manage menus, and more. The end result is a website with custom functionality that includes a custom integrated patient education library, Google custom site search, custom events management system, find a doctor functionality, HIPAA-compliant request an appointment web form, spanish content alternative and a platform that exemplifies future growth and success for the hospital. In addition to custom development and design services SUMMUS migrated tens of thousands of pages from their previous CMS.
In addition to the ability to manage core Drupal features, such as page content, menus, colors, logo, and more; we provided a number of powerful custom features. Our microsite platform supports the following features for Phoenix Children’s Hospital:
- Fully responsive micro-site sub-theme with control panel to custom colors, logo and other.
- Patient education library
- Google custom site search
- Custom event management system with Authorize.net e-commerce integration for Free, RSVP and Paid events.
- Find a doctor functionality, integrated with proprietary web service API built by the PCH IT department.
- HIPAA-compliant request an appointment functionality and various other web forms.
- Spanish content with capacity for additional languages. Custom notifications sent to Spanish translator when English equivalent is updated.
- Location content type with Google Maps integration.
- Custom user types support access control levels and a workflow for creating and approving content.
- Mega Menus with links, images, and other custom HTML.
- Fully responsive slideshow with HTML captions for SEO.
- Integration of lightweight vector icons from Font Awesome.
- Powered by Drupal
“SUMMUS has been fantastic to work with. I’m always impressed with their ability to take our goals and ideas, and bring them to life online. It’s hard to find a company that can design and develop, SUMMUS excels in both and has always delivered an end product that we love.”